Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thoughts on why life is hard

I'm tried of being tested. I would like to be done. I have finished with school and with my boards, so why can't this season be over? Okay, I admit it. I wanted to have four children. I wouldn't change that, but it is hard sometimes.

I need a car, or some vehicle to drive so I can work and take care of my family. But I need one with a transmission that allows me to go in reverse as well as drive. Unfortunately right now I have a car that won't go backwards. Which is really a problem because I parked in the driveway. Ugh. I tried to put it into neutral, to push it out of the driveway, but I guess that is a gear that is also not going to happen on it's own. So, I guess I will have it towed (and please, don't do any more damage to the transmission while you tow it) and looked at. I don't have any money to pay for the repair, but I hope that it will not be too much (is there any reason to hope for this?)

My mom, love her. wants to know what I want for Christmas. Right. Okay let me name it all: My son home, his attorney bills paid, his life back to some level of 'normal' as I would define that, my car working, a job, my husband working, health benefits, a clean mammogram, both daughters without back pain (oh, and a son, too), both school aged children with good, godly friends and good grades, and throw in a little happiness, enough money every month to pay all my bills, food in the kitchen, gas to run the vehicles, the crashed truck out of my driveway and out of my life, newspapers that DON'T print articles about my son on the front page telling the world of his transgressions, friends for my son who are not likely to draw him into the bad choices in life (make that for all the kids), my school loans paid off, no more search warrants for anyone in my family (or my friend, or even distant relatives), probation for my son and no more jail time, lose forty pound, no more wrinkles, only easy quick births with clients who pay on time and bring food to the births, my computers back from the fire marshal...okay, it that enough for one Christmas?

No comments: