Wednesday, January 14, 2009

life happens

I am very upset that the couple I worked 16 hours for right before Christmas have now decided they didn't like my work, and want their money back! What rubbish. I did my job and they had a great birth, but I'm sorry they didn't like my work and now are bitching about it. Why are some people so difficult to please?

I was offered a job at Reston Hospital L&D and am planning on accepting it. I will start in two weeks. I'm happy to have a job and I hope to get my tuition reimbursed, too. I am to make a 2 year commitment in exchange for the training, etc. I hope all goes well. Unfortunately the first day of work is a school holiday, so the kids will be home and I will be at work. Most of the time they will be in school when I work, but such is life. A job at this point is a good thing. Any job.

Alice, the midwife, called to see if dh wants to paint her house. This is nice. Mostly she knows he is out of work and wants to give the money to him rather than someone else. He will arrange to go and check it out and follow up as apporpriate. I think it would be good for him to make some money. Jobs are not being handed out like candy these days.

I am waiting on one more client. Hopefully she will go soon and I can get this terrible taste out of my mouth. Blech! I have an inner need to please people and am not good when they are mad or upset or disappointed in me. I know I did my job, but dang it, I'd rather give the money back. But that would imply I agreed with them, which I don't. Doesn't seem like there will be any easy answers here.

No comments: