Sunday, January 25, 2009

Night b4 jitters

This evening I finally took out the packet of "MUST READ" info from the future employer. I went through about 12 pages of paperwork and put my passport (Yeah! We found it!), a voided check (for electronic deposit), my immunization records, tax info, etc. into the folder for tomorrow. I've laid out my clothes for tomorrow morning (jump start), and put my purse, keys and the folder on the table to grab on the way out. I've thought about taking my shower tonight and blow drying my hair before bed, but I think I'll do that in the morning.

I know that once I get established in the habit of working I'll not do ALL of this to get ready for the next day, but I do like having the clothes picked out and groomed for the upcoming day. I'm going to drink my coffee on the way to work, but they provide muffins of something tomorrow, so I won't eat my oatmeal. I will buy lunch, unless I remember to bring the apple, power bar and salad that I put in the frig.

As a blast from the past, I got a call this evening from Matt M. from school last year. He had to repeat the clinical class again and wanted my Denver II kit for the child assessment part of the grade. What a pain. If it had been me, I would have submitted the once I did last year and not redo it, but I guess he is trying to be honest about the whole thing. And the Denver II kit has no value to me now. I guess I could try to sell it on ebay or something once Matt is done with it? I don't know. I'll figure it out somehow.

I also got an email from my past client (x2) who wants me to attend her birth this summer. I hope I can go. It was so nice to hear from her and all the nice things she said about me. I told her I'd do my best to be there, if I can, but that I have a full time job now at the hospital. I also turned down two clients because we are not taking any new clients at the moment. Good thing, too. If only TW can have her baby this weekend coming up, I'll be a happy person. Not that she's paid the whole fee yet, but there is something nice about helping people who appreciate your work and don't tell you you are worthless and a disappointment!

Ah well. Better get to bed so I can be fresh for the new job. I hope I don't have to have another PPD test!

No comments: