Thursday, August 27, 2009

Overwhelmed by life

Sometimes I just want to give up and throw in the towel, ya know?

Today I started out by sleeping in. I do need to catch up on sleep now and then, but I think I'd be better off not sleeping in (at least too long!) on days that I'm not getting up at 5:00AM!

I had a pretty good day at work yesterday, all things considered. I started two new labor pts, helped one lady try for a VBAC (she ended up with w c/s at 7 pm, after all day of labor and no change in her cervix). I helped a 19 yo gal who came in already in labor (my favorite types) and one who was having her 5th who had high BP's and needed to be induced (for the next day). All in all I didn't have much time to do anything but work. Which is fine with me. I had two challenging events, both of which I managed promptly and correctly. I was happy to have the time to eat lunch! Last night I was pretty tired, but didn't go right to bed.

As I said, I got up late today. Turns out that my dd N is moving out of her apt today for real. My dh went in for the last load of stuff to store at my mom's house this afternoon and will be home soon. Then s-i-l will be here for dinner. N is in NYC and will be back tonight or tomorrow. The rent a Uhaul truck on Saturday and will pack and leave on Sunday AM. All good, as long as they get the apt. in Norfolk they put the deposit on. No back up plan, so I hope it goes well.

Then dd J is having both a soccer and a field hockey tournament this weekend. She is playing on Varsity and will be in games tomorrow and Saturday for the hockey and supposed to be at the tourney for soccer on Sat and Sunday. Conflict? I think so! Dh is working on Friday at the concession stand for our "parent" time involvement for the team. Always more time to commit than there is time!

I, foolishly?, committed myself to worship practice tonight, a seminar on Midlife issues with Paul Tripp on Friday night and Sat morning (Okay, at the time it seemed like a good idea???). So I don't think I will see any of the tournament for field hockey at all. Sunday soccer games I can do, IF they aren't all in the morning during church.

Phew. Then there is the court date tomorrow for ds B, who doesn't have a lawyer, b/c he hasn't paid him from the last time, yet. And he could end up in ADC, again. So sad for him, but I can't live his life. He makes it so hard on himself. I just don't get it.

Oh, and I am suppose to be working on my MSN, writing a paper on nursing theory or something. Argh.

Friends? I don't remember what it was like to talk to a friend. Work is pretty all consuming when I'm there. I am getting evaluated this week (or next?) for my 6 month plan, but I will need to figure out what I am suppose to do about that later. Hopefully I will be a small raise. Who knows?

I heard something on the radio yesterday. They said that research shows that until workers achieve a 4 to 1 ratio of praise to criticism they don't feel appreciated at work. Interesting. Does that apply to families, too?

Needless to say, I am feeling overwhelmed, again. Hopefully I will survive and get on with my life! HA HA

Pool time anyone?

Oh, and I need to run J to the chiropractor this afternoon. Don't know when she will get some driving lessons/practice time....

The cat seems pretty happy, as long as we remember to feed her. :-)

No comments: